Series of four original photos showing aftermath of train wreck on Frisco Railroad, circa 1920. Additional postcards of Cape Girardeau and Southeast Missouri State University, and photos of Ha Ha Tonka.
Missouri county aerial photographs produced by the Agriculture Stabilization and Conservation Service.
American Revolution Bicentennial, Missouri Committee for Agriculture Papers, 1974-1976 (C4276)
1.2 cubic feet (42 folders), 1 audio tape
The papers/records of the committee contain correspondence, newsletters, reports, updates, events, awards programs, lists of elected members, historical information on "centennial farms," and "Liberty Trees," meeting minutes, announcements, newspaper clippings, and audio-visual material for a slide presentation entitled "The Spirit of 76."
Bagnell Dam Aerial Photograph, 1933 (P0995)
Aerial photograph of the dam, Lake of the Ozarks and the spillway
Barton Development Corporation Photograph Collection, 1929 (R1411)
0.01 cubic foot (17 photographs)
The Barnett Development Corporation Photograph Collection contains photographs documenting the town of Barnett, Missouri and the surrounding area where the Lake of the Ozarks would be with the completion of the Bagnell Dam on the Osage River. Included are images of the early stages of construction on the river.
Postcards of the University of Missouri - Columbia, Columbia MO, Chillicothe Business College, Winston Churchill Memorial Library, Missouri State Capital, Kansas City MO, Interstate 70, Windermere Baptist Assembly (Roach, MO) and Lake of the Ozarks.
Photos of Camden County, primarily the Linn Creek area, used in Daarud's book The Ozark Farmer's Daughter.
These are premium list booklets for the 1st Annual Camden County 4-H Club and Open Livestock Show, held on August 8, 1953, and the Camden County 4-H Club and Open Libestock Show and Dairy Day held on August 25, 1956, at the J Bar H Rodeo Arena in Camdenton, Missouri.
Camp Carry-on Collection, 1919 (R1186)
This is a brochure for Camp Carry-on near Linn Creek in Camden County, Missouri, for the 1919 season. Located on the Big Niangua River, the camp offered military training for girls in three-week sessions under the direction of Natalie Wilson and Delle B. Corum.
Photos of McConn ancestors, the Osage River Swinging Bridge, and Dr. J.P. Fruit
Charles Trefts Photographs, 1903-1963 (P0034)
This collection contains images from 1900 to 1963 depicting St. Louis City and County people, public buildings, riverfront scenes, bridges, churches, catastrophes, houses and parks. Trefts photographed many historic events such as the 1904 Louisiana Purchase Exposition; the 1934 World Series; and aviation in St. Louis including the Wright brothers at Kinloch Field in 1908 and Charles Lindbergh's return from Paris in 1927. A number of images focus on Crawford and Iron Counties and the Lake of the Ozarks region in the early 1930s.
Tom Chorlton Papers, 1960s-2010s (CA5803)
37.75 cubic feet, 29 video cassettes, 2 audio cassettes, 1 audio tape
The papers of an educator, political activist, and gay rights advocate include correspondence, meeting and event material, clippings, photograph albums, and miscellaneous records and personal papers. Also included is research material and drafts for Chorlton’s book The First American Republic.
Dan B. Hoagland Photographs, 1983, no date (P0150)
0.58 linear feet
580+ photos of mid-Missouri towns, including many small and abandoned locales, and Boone County churches, ca. 1983.
Photographic postcards of Camden County, with a particular focus on waterways, dams, and bridges.
Robert L. Elgin Research Collection, 1960-1993 (R1261)
2.1 cubic feet (65 folders)
These are the research files of a civil engineer, surveyor, and historian from St. James in Phelps County, Missouri. The colletion includes reports, scale sketches, and photographs concerning the restoration of various historic sites in Missouri, charcoal iron furnace sites in Missouri, and prehistoric petroglyphs and pictograph sites in the Missouri Ozarks.
Fern Moreland Photograph Collection, 1900-1985 (P0461)
Copy photos of Hahatonka, Camden County
This collection contains records of the Green Ridge School, which is located near Climax Springs in western Camden County, Missouri. Among the records are minutes of meetings, annual enumerations of students and lists of taxpayers, teachers' contracts, clerks' reports to the county, rules and regulations, class registers, and classifications of students.
Sarah Guitar Collection, no date (C3391)
1.5 cubic feet (5 card files); also available on 2 rolls of microfilm
Card file compiled by Sarah Guitar, reference librarian of the State Historical Society of Missouri, as a guide to county boundaries of Missouri, 1812-1929; Missouri congressional district boundaries, 1845-1933; Missouri senatorial districts, 1820-1931; and Missouri judicial circuits, 1815-1915.
Sarah Guitar Papers, 1931-1944 (C3563)
1.2 cubic feet
Correspondence and miscellaneous information on Missouri compiled by Miss Guitar during her employment as reference librarian for the State Historical Society of Missouri.
J-Bar-H Rodeo Collection, 1954-1964 (R0978)
These are a souvenir program for the Third Annual J-Bar-H Ranch Championship Rodeo held on July 7-10, 1954, a promotional brochure for the rodeo held in July 1958, and a souvenir program for the 13th annual J-Bar-H Championship Rodeo, held on June 24-July 4, 1964 at Camdenton in Camden County, Missouri.
James F. Atkisson Photographs, 1918-1960 (P0364)
18 photographs of Lake of the Ozarks area, 7 additional photographs on various subjects
David A. James Papers, 1790-2008 (C4126)
5 cubic feet
The research material of a hotel management instructor, whose work resulted in the publication Historic Hotels of Missouri: Hotels, Inns, and Taverns of 19th Century Missouri.
John L. Douglass and Company Collection, 1905 (R1252)
0.01 cubic foot (1 folder)
This is a printed letter, dated October 10, 1905, from John L. Douglass & Company of New York, New York, to the stockholders of the Missouri Lead and Coal company and the stockholders of the Standard Lead & Smelting Company. The letter presented a plan whereby the stockholders could exchange their shares for those of a successor company.
These are printed minutes of annual meetings of the Lamine River Association, 1845-1859 and
1877-1882. Known first as the Lamine River Regular Baptist Association, the organization was
composed of churches in Bates, Camden, Cooper, Jackson, Johnson, Miller, Morgan, and Pettis
counties in Missouri.
Architectural drawings by Lauck and his firm of buildings in the Kansas City area and in the Midwest.
This is a promotional pamphlet issued by the Linn Creek Community Club to encourage economic developoment in Linn Creek and Camden County, Missouri.
This is "The History of 90 Years of Linn Creek Methodist Church, from 1874 to 1964,"
compiled by Mrs. F. L. Ridenour. The congregation was formed in 1874 and officially organized in
1882. In 1930 the church moved to higher ground as a result of the construction of Lake of the
These are minutes of annual meetings of the Little Piney Association, which was composed of churches in Camden, Cole, Crawford, Dent, Gasconade, Maries, Miller, Osage, Phelps, Pulaski, Shannon, and Texas Counties in Missouri. At various times, the organization had also been titled a "United" and "Primitive" Baptist association.
Lucy Capen Postcard Collection, 1906-1932 (P0508)
Postcards of Missouri scenes: Lake of the Ozarks, Boone County, Kansas City, Hardin College, and Lebanon, MO.
C. A. Manning Papers, 1902 (R1207)
This is a letter dated September 26, 1902 from C. A. "Chess" Manning of Bagnell in Miller County, Missouri, to James E. Millstead at Montreal in Camden County, Missouri. There is an accompanying letter from "Mollie " to "Josie," presumably the wives of Manning and Millstead. The letters concern sowing forage seed and household matters.
Mary Dalton Newell Collection, 1882, 1904-1944 (P0131)
0.25 linear feet
Items from Mary Dalton Newell's scrapbook, including photos of the Dalton and and Denman families, ca. 1923-1978, the Osage and Niangua rivers, Ha Ha Tonka, Camden County, Lake Taneycomo, Cape Girardeau, and Bennett Springs. Photos of Columbia and the University of Missouri, ca. 1918-1930, include images of May Day, the Farmer's Fair, football, and the Columns. Postcard of bridges, steamboats, and from travels out-of-state.
This is a record book of the Wet Glaize Class, presumably a Sunday School, of the Methodist Episcopal Church. The class probably met in Camden County, Missouri.
The Missouri Collection, 1771-c. 2019 (C3982)
18 cubic feet (798 folders, 762 photographs), 21 oversize items, 9 audio cassettes, 3 audio discs, 9 CDs, 1 computer disc, 1 film, 6 film strips, 3 DVDs, 2 video cassettes
The Missouri Collection is an artificial collection combining miscellaneous small acquisitions related to Missouri places, individuals, organizations, and events.
Statewide documentation of local churches by county. Includes cultural arts reports, church histories, floor plans, architectural details, clippings, slides, photographs, and miscellany.
Missouri Forestry Records, 1929-1994 (R1341)
2.25 cubic feet (53 folders)
The records of Missouri Forestry contain materials from the administration of directors George O. White, Osal B. Capps, and Jerry Presley. This includes materials related to Smokey Bear, fire safety, and the promotion of science, practice, and standards of forestry.
Lynn Morrow Papers, 1804-2015 (R1000)
23 cubic feet (964 folders, 4 oversize folders)
The papers of Lynn Morrow contain correspondence and research papers, with an additional significant collection of late twentieth-century promotional and advertising items. The papers reflect major areas of Morrow's research on the southwest Missouri region; Iron, Shannon, and Washington counties; Theodore Pease Russell and his writings; and the writings of Silas C. Turnbo. The collection also includes a large selection of promotional publications and ephemera associated with late 20th century tourism in Missouri and Arkansas.
Postcards of Boonville area buildings, Arrow Rock Tavern, and Bagnell Dam (Lake of the Ozarks).
Nellie Moulder Collection, 1960, no date (P0685)
Postcards of Ha Ha Tonka. Photograph of Wet Auglaize Camp Ground Church.
Nelson Family Papers, 1879-1973 (R0252)
(1 roll of microfilm, 104 negatives)
These are scrapbooks, miscellaneous papers, and photographs of the Nelson family of Lebanon, Laclede County, Missouri. Absolom, Arthur T., and Frank R. Nelson operated a commercial apple orchard and a tavern and motel along Uunited States Highway 66. Arthur T. Nelson served on various Missouri state commissions and boards. The photographs in the collection have been copied on 35mm negatives and slides.
The Niangua Arm Chamber of Commerce, Camdenton, Missouri Dogwood Festival Collection contains a program booklet for the third annual Lake of the Ozarks Dogwood Festival, held at Camdenton, Camden County, Missouri.
"Northeast and East," and "Seven Hundred Twenty-five Plus," T. Thistle McKinney, 1928-1929 (C4263)
0.04 cubic feet (2 folders)
The records of T. Thistle McKinney contain two travel logs, one of an automobile trip taken in 1928 through the northeastern states, Canada, and the eastern states. The other was made in 1929, through parts of northeast Missouri and into some Ozark counties.
These are minutes of the meeting in 1847 of the Osage River Association, which was composed
of Baptist churches in Benton, Camden, Polk, and Webster counties in Missouri. The minutes
include lists of churches and delegates to the meeting, a summary of the association's business, and
an "Abstract of Principles."
An artifical collection of photographs of the counties surrounding Truman Resevoir and Lake of the Ozarks: Henry, St. Clair, Benton, Hickory, Morgan, Camden, and Miller counties.
These are minutes of the fifth annual meeting of the Osage River Association, which was
composed of United Baptist churches in Camden, Maries, Miller, and Morgan counties in Missouri.
Included are membership statistics, a summary of the Association's business, a report on evangelical
work, and a circular letter urging adequate financial support of the ministry.
Ozark All-Stars Photograph Collection, 1960s (R1477)
0.01 cubic foot (1 folder, 1 photograph)
The Ozark All-Stars Photograph Collection contains the autographed photograph of the Ozark All-Stars, performers from the Country Music Hall at Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri.
These are Civil War letters written at Rolla in Phelps County, Missouri, by Benjamin F. Pratt of
the 13th Illinois Infantry. Pratt commented on the march to and skirmish at Linn Creek in Camden
County, camp life, rations, and sickness.
R. Haarstick Photographs, 1930-1931 (P0965)
Aerial photos of Bagnell Dam, 1930-1931, during construction
Ramsay Place Names File, 1928-1945 (C2366)
6 cubic feet, 4 rolls of microfilm
Card file of origins of Missouri place names, compiled by students of Robert L. Ramsay, University of Missouri professor of English. Cards are in alphabetical order by place name.
Charles W. Rubey Papers, 1857-1914 (R0200)
0.25 cubic foot (15 folders, 2 rolls of microfilm)
The Charles W. Rubey Papers contain the personal, business, and military papers of Charles W. Rubey, a businessman and militia officer from Lebanon, Missouri. Included are personal, family, and business papers, and records from militia organizations raised in Laclede County during the Civil War. The military records include correspondence, orders, equipment, and ordinance returns, certificates of enrollment and exemption, and muster rolls.
Six nature photographs taken in Camden and Morgan Counties of Sampson and a Mr. McCullough of the U.S. Geological Survey.