Missouri county aerial photographs produced by the Agriculture Stabilization and Conservation Service.
American Revolution Bicentennial, Missouri Committee for Agriculture Papers, 1974-1976 (C4276)
1.2 cubic feet (42 folders), 1 audio tape
The papers/records of the committee contain correspondence, newsletters, reports, updates, events, awards programs, lists of elected members, historical information on "centennial farms," and "Liberty Trees," meeting minutes, announcements, newspaper clippings, and audio-visual material for a slide presentation entitled "The Spirit of 76."
Zetta Bankert Collection, 1945-1976 (C4060)
0.75 cubic feet
The Zetta E. Bankert collection consists of photographs and her manuscript about vacant houses in Missouri entitled, "This, My House." The collection also contains research material, letters to publishers, personal photographs, negatives, maps of Missouri counties, and miscellaneous material.
John Buckner Biographical Information, no date (C1878)
0.02 cubic feet (1 folder)
Information concerning John Buckner and his slave, Abe, their service in the Civil War, and settlement in Scotland County, MO, in the 1870s.
Sarah Guitar Collection, no date (C3391)
1.5 cubic feet (5 card files); also available on 2 rolls of microfilm
Card file compiled by Sarah Guitar, reference librarian of the State Historical Society of Missouri, as a guide to county boundaries of Missouri, 1812-1929; Missouri congressional district boundaries, 1845-1933; Missouri senatorial districts, 1820-1931; and Missouri judicial circuits, 1815-1915.
Harold M. Jayne Photographs, 1865-1907, no date (P0932)
Photos of Scotland County, particularly the Memphis area
Jacob J. Hayden Letter, 1868 (C1554)
0.02 cubic feet (1 folder)
From Scotland County, MO, June 7, 1868.
Hayden wrote an army buddy about his return home after the Civil War . His property was claimed by his brother, a Union man. Family news, marriage, birth of children, farming, county fair, crops, and Hayden family genealogy.
David A. James Papers, 1790-2008 (C4126)
5 cubic feet
The research material of a hotel management instructor, whose work resulted in the publication Historic Hotels of Missouri: Hotels, Inns, and Taverns of 19th Century Missouri.
Black and white snapshot of students outside of Prairie View School #27; all students and teacher from 1912-1913 school year listed. Snapshot of exterior front Prairie View School #27. Photograph of Friendship School near Memphis, MO, 1894.
Statewide documentation of local churches by county. Includes cultural arts reports, church histories, floor plans, architectural details, clippings, slides, photographs, and miscellany.
Records, reports, and correspondence of companies which had main offices in Edinburgh, Scotland. Their purpose was to obtain land in southwest Missouri to sell or lease.
Originals in Colorado State Archives.
Missouri Place Names Study Papers, 1927-1928 (C3459)
0.6 cubic feet
Correspondence, term papers, and information collected by graduate students at the University of Missouri during a study of the origin and history of place names in forty-two Missouri counties.
Scotland County, Missouri, Justice of the Peace Docket, 1841-1848 (C1245)
0.04 cubic feet (1 volume)
The collection contains a justice of the peace docket from Maidenkirk Township, Scotland County, Missouri. Includes names of defendants and plaintiffs and outcome of the cases. Some stray livestock records.
The Missouri-Iowa Border Dispute records collect 23 miscellaneous documents relating to the disputed Missouri-Iowa border. The collection contains documents in French, English, and Spanish that pertain to the underlying causes of the conflict and the eventual resolution. The collection consists of letters, land deeds, and proclamations that deal with the background and events of the conflict.
Missouri. Infantry, 21st Regiment, Volunteers Papers, 1861-1969 (C4255)
0.5 cubic feet (17 folders)
The papers contain copies of pension records, military records, and memoirs of members of the Missouri Infantry, 21st Regiment, Volunteers, and other material pertaining to Civil War soldiers.
Lynn Morrow Papers, 1804-2015 (R1000)
23 cubic feet (964 folders, 4 oversize folders)
The papers of Lynn Morrow contain correspondence and research papers, with an additional significant collection of late twentieth-century promotional and advertising items. The papers reflect major areas of Morrow's research on the southwest Missouri region; Iron, Shannon, and Washington counties; Theodore Pease Russell and his writings; and the writings of Silas C. Turnbo. The collection also includes a large selection of promotional publications and ephemera associated with late 20th century tourism in Missouri and Arkansas.
An artificial collection of photographs of Missouri's northeastern most counties: Schuyler, Knox, Scotland, Clark, and Lewis.
Ramsay Place Names File, 1928-1945 (C2366)
6 cubic feet, 4 rolls of microfilm
Card file of origins of Missouri place names, compiled by students of Robert L. Ramsay, University of Missouri professor of English. Cards are in alphabetical order by place name.
Robert C. Brown Photograph Collection, 1900-1971 (P0004)
Photographs of Missouri railroad depots, primarily for the Chicago, Burlington, & Quincy Railroad. Photographs relating to A.F. Schliecker of Kansas City, Missouri.
U.S. Work Projects Administration, Historical Records Survey of Missouri, 1935-1942 (C3551)
302 cubic feet; also available on 817 rolls of microfilm
Correspondence, records, and working files. Originally designed to survey and inventory all county government records, the survey finally included inventories of church records, manuscript collections, vital statistics, American imprints, and federal archives. Incorporates records of the Federal Writers Project for Missouri.
Charles Van Ravenswaay Papers, 1841-1990 (C3873)
21.8 cubic feet, 1 audio cassette
Correspondence, research notes, photographs, and literary manuscripts of historian and author Charles Van Ravenswaay, former director of the Missouri Historical Society, St. Louis; Old Sturbridge Village, Sturbridge, MA; and the Henry F. duPont Winterthur Museum and Gardens, Wilmington, DE.