4 microfilm rolls
Three St. Louis carpenters' unions helped organize the Brotherhood of Carpenters and Jioners in 1881. Unable to improve working conditions locally, the national board revoked their charters and consolidated these into one, Local 5, in 1883. The new local successfully established the eight-hour work day for its members in 1886. Nicknamed the old "Dutch Local," the early records are in German and includes minute books, financial records and trustee reports.